Bermuda Broadcasting Company

The Bermuda Broadcasting Company has a history of over 70 years, beginning with its incorporation in 1943, and the introduction of commercial radio to Bermuda when ZBM – 1 signed on air in 1946, followed in 1952 by ZBM-2. FM 89 brought the first FM radio sounds to the island in 1960.

The Bermuda Radio and Television Company Limited, a subsidiary of the Bermuda Broadcasting Company Limited, which operated ZBM TV Channel 10, had introduced television two years earlier in 1958. An affiliation was established with the American CBS Television Network in 1960. The first television broadcast was in black and white with a switch to color coming in 1975.

Twitter: @BDABroadcasting